- (of a plant) Having its development or maturity artificially hastened
- made necessary by an unexpected situation or emergency; “a forced landing”
- (of a gesture or expression) Produced or maintained with effort; affected or unnatural
- produced by or subjected to forcing; “forced-air heating”; “furnaces of the forced-convection type”; “forced convection in plasma generators”
- Obtained or imposed by coercion or physical power
- forced or compelled; “promised to abolish forced labor”
- A procedure in which liquid or gas is injected into the rectum, typically to expel its contents, but also to introduce drugs or permit X-ray imaging
- An enema (plural enemata or enemas) is the procedure of introducing liquids into the rectum and colon via the anus.
- A quantity of fluid or a syringe used in such a procedure
- (enema) an injection of a liquid through the anus to stimulate evacuation; sometimes used for diagnostic purposes
- (enema) An injection of fluid into the rectum, usually for medical purposes; The fluid so injected
AED of the 1700's
The tobacco enema was used to infuse tobacco smoke into a patient’s rectum for various medical purposes, primarily the resuscitation of drowning victims. A rectal tube inserted into the anus was connected to a fumigator and bellows that forced the smoke towards the rectum. The warmth of the smoke was thought to promot respiration, but doubts about the credibility of tobacco enemas led to the popular phrase "blow smoke up one’s ass."
i can't sleep